Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nautical Malibu international Olympic 2011


The Malibu Olympic is a fun race. I did again this year with by old friend Mike. This was his second time doing the Olympic and only his third triathlon.

We got to the parking lot early--5am. Luckily I pointed out where we parked so we could find our vehicle after the race and look for any equipment we may have discarded or hid during the race (inside joke).

Race was fun. Water was warm. Waves were calm. The bike course was great this year. No big winds either way, and the run is nice and flat. I wanted to go kind of all out as a tempo workout for my taper for OrangeMan the next weekend. My plan went well. PR'd by almost 4 minutes and got onto the podium again this year. Also, had my best 10K run ever. Hey, I only got chicked by two females this year--such an accomplishment :-)

Swim 20:57
T1 2:56
Bike 1:07:07
T2 1:39
Run 43:44
Total 2:16:24

AG place 5th
Overall place 32nd

No comments:

Post a Comment