Thursday, July 30, 2009

Always Show Up to the Roll Down! The Wife's Vineman Bike





The Wife raced Vineman 2 weeks ago. I wasn't there, but she did great without me due to all the pre race talks, sensitive guidance and instruction and coaching I've been giving her over the past 18 months. Check out her bike above. She's received some great coaching from the coaches at EnduranceNation along with her special cycling coaches at Team Wheelbuilder.

She ran/biked/swam a great race and will be focusing on her nutrition and her running endurance over the next 10 weeks CAUSE SHE IS GOING TO KONA. Hey , don't wake me up for that 3am pre race feeding, as I'll be sleeping off some Mai Tai's and/or Chi Chi's.

Check out the sweet Wheelbuilder Edge wheels and Power Tap combo.! Also, I picked out that seat for her so the Wife's sensitive areas would stay sensitive. You're welcome.

Anyway, in reference to the title of this post, let me just say that this year, the rolldown went way down. All you had to do was show up. They were giving away slots to Clearwater in the parking lot at the nearby Denny's. The Wife showed up, but SINCE SHE IS GOING TO KONA, didn't take a slot. One of our tri club peeps, who has gone the past two years to Clearwater and who would go every year till she dies, didn't show up to the Roll Down. And she wasn't going home till monday, so it's not like she had to be anywhere, "I was so tired and hot from the race that I didn't show up". Its rare that you aren't tired and hot from a 70.3, but show up to the damn awards/roll down ceremony. As the man at WheelBuilder says, "Don't be a Pussy!" WEAK.

Congrat's to the Wife. Rest up, you've got a lot of miles of cycling and running between now and October 10th. Maybe show up to the pool a few times. For me, I'll have a Tahitian Itch--make that a double...and make sure my chair is under the shade of a nice tree.

By the way, stay tuned for live race updates on Twitter. Username GoLongTriathlon.

No comments:

Post a Comment