Sunday, July 12, 2009

...Looking good Billy Ray

It was a hot and long weekend. Friday was a tough day--avoided the internet all day so it wouldn't spoil the TDF stage. Got home and started preparing dinner for team Wheelbuilder and family--and they don't show up till after 8pm! The stages take at least 3 hours even when using the FF2 button on the remote. That made me cranky--people being late to my cooked meals--I'm getting used to it, but I don't like it.

Anyway, great stage, lots of controversy and a great dinner. Seared ahi steaks and spinach salad with brightly colored orange and yellow organic tomatoes, avocado, purple onion and fresh mushrooms. With dinner I served a both a 2000 Chateau LaFluer bordeaux and 2003 Chateau Leoville bordeaux. If Lance takes the yellow jersey in the alps, I'm going to have to go the good stuff. Can you say Lafite? I know I have a bottle of that somewhere.

Saturday was club ride day on the bike path. 40+ miles, a little over 2.5 hours.

Sunday was the Team Pakistan ride, 45 miles, 2:45 in total time, followed by a swim in the hot sun in the nice cool pool. 2500 meters (1,000 warm up, 1,000 pull, 10x50 easy).

On Saturday, I really worked the ride, did some strong pulls and put the hurt on. Sunday, the knee was a little cranky, but I was riding pretty good. Each week, things are getting better.

On Sunday, we went to Team Pakistan's house for some dinner and the tour. So many people in the room, couldn't hear Phil and Paul (good thing I watched it already on the couch at home). Great food, though, with grilled prawns, salmon and carne asada. Some great wine too.

This week is Vineman week--the wife is racing and I am sidelined. Damn. Not sure if I'm going to go up, or stay home and make sure the 17yr old doesn't turn the house into party central.

Stay tuned for gear review on thursday blog. Will review the wife's new tri-bike to be debuted at Vineman in her preparation for Kona. Yes, she's going to Kona, and I will be cheering for her with a mai tai in hand. More on that event in the weeks and months to come. Can't wait for her IM specific training weeks--welcome to the house of pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment