Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Visit to the Physical Therapist

First PT visit was today. My therapist knows his stuff. Former Olympic decathlete. We're about the same age, and his brother just became the head Track and Field coach for the UK-and he's not a brit. He said if I did things right, and slowly built my mileage up over the course of the next 1-2 years, I would be running distance again. Damage happens when ramping too fast, e.g. "all those Team in Training Nuts who sit on a couch for 20 years and then try to run a marathon in 6 months," he said.

He didn't make me do any exercises (this time), just stretched and deep massaged my knee and calf. Didn't hurt too bad. He told me I could start riding right away--just low resistance to start. I will try a little swim tomorrow morning and then get on the computrainer for a little while after work and see how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment