Monday, July 6, 2009

Screwed by DirecTV DVR on the Tour

All day monday, I tried to avoid looking up the results of Stage 3 of the Tour. I made it till about 3:00. Based on the write up on velonews.com, it was going to be a great stage to watch. I was recording it on the Directv DVR at home......

But, before going home to watch it, I thought I'd better go to evening masters workout. I wussed out in the morning. Dog barking all night, 17 year old son coming home after midnite, it was hot and I was tired from the long weekend.

I showed up to evening masters practice and the competition pool was set up for short course yards. Damn! I hate yards. Too many turns and the knee is still not ready to push off all those walls. Making it even worse was the fact that 50+ people showed up for 6 lanes--other lanes taken for floaters and water polo workout. I think we eventually got more lanes, as we only had 5 in the lane I was in. I did about 2200 yards and got out--wanted to get home, stretch and watch the TOUR.

To make a long story short, I'm 2 1/2 hours into the 3 hour telecast, and there's still 50 miles to go in the stage--no way they're riding that in 30 minutes. Sure enough, Juanita says, its going to cut off right when George Hincapie catches the breakaway and Team Columbia creates their own breakaway with Lance and FabCan. Damn, she was right (that fact noted in the book).

The only saving grace was that VS was still playing the evening version, so I DVR'd that and went to bed. I wasn't staying up to midnite to wait for the last hour. Anyway, I'll watch the finish and the next stage tomorrow.

BTW--I now went in and manually had it record the next show after the tour episode each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment